What material is covered?
During this training the trainer will review:
- Why parents and adults need to view teaching kids differently in the digital age
- Some of the most current apps youth are using and how they are using them
- Common mistakes youth make with technology and social media
- Mental health issues with youth and how they can use social media to express these struggles
- Drug and alcohol topics related to technology and social media
- Intervention and prevention with youth, technology and social media
- How to talk to kids about technology and social media
- Resources, suggestions and tips for adults wanting to parent differently in the age of smartphones, teens and social media
- For professional organizations such as therapist/counselor, teachers or law enforcement groups, there are longer versions available and certification programs available.
What does a training cost?
Costs will be determined with each individual and their needs. These costs vary related to location of the event, travel costs and type of training requested.
Do you have any feedback from past trainings?
Here is a link to what others are saying about the trainings.
Below you will find more information about some of the specific trainings Shape the Sky offers.